Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button Image doesn't appear when connected to internal network

We have some Button Images with actions to export to .csv.  They work fine when the users are connected to VPN but when the user is connected to their network the images are not visible.  This is happening to users in China, Russia, Poland UAE and now Mauritius.  Anybody have any idea what could cause this behavior?

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you doing a BUNDLE LOAD of your images ?

If not then try doing so, as this will include the images in the QVW file.

Not applicable
Author

They are not bundle loaded  Our QVW is very large (58GB)   I'm worried about adding the extra space with the images.

Is it possible to use the images you bundle load with actions to export?  I don't know much about this functionality.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How big are you images compared to your 58GB qvw ?

Not applicable
Author

insignificant. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,  I'm trying to think of why do you think bundle loading the image will solve the issue.  Can you please explain your thinking?

Colin-Albert

The reason why Bundle will fix your problem is clearly explained in the Help on Bundle.

The Bundleprefix is used to include external files, such as image or sound files, or objects connected to a field     value, to be stored in the qvw file.

If a piece of external information, such as an image or a sound file is to be connected to a field value, this is done in a table that is loaded with the Info prefix. In order to maintain portability, it is possible to include the external files into the .qvw file itself. To this end use the Bundle prefix.

If you use Bundle, then the images will be embedded in the QVW and accessible by your users without any need for VPN connectivity to the image file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

58 Gb ?

You want a record on Guiness Book?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Colin,  My images are simply images with an action to export to csv.  Will this solution work for that purpose?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

No, he wants to have his buttons show up .

If he wanted to go for a record he would have loaded them into his QVW and probably not have problems with users not having them show up when in different locations. Seeing as we have customers handling over a billion rows of data per day, I would not be surprised if 58gb is not even close to "the record".

I can understand the issue of not wanting to add them into the application though (even if they are small).

@ John Fegan,

Maybe hosting the images on the internet and referring to them is an option (if you want to keep them out of your QVW) or do some of the user have no access to the internet?

May you live in interesting times!