Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button to access a calculated field in a straight chart

So, I have a straight table which contain fields - Customer name, revenue and economic profitability. All this are fields present in my data. The revenue and economic profitability change with respect to selections in the region, country, year, month list boxes.

I have another expression in the straight table which contributes a calculated column- Zone. So, the value for this column is based on certain values of revenue and economic profitability.( Note that this column Zone is not present in my data and I am adding a calculated field in a straight table). there are basically 4 zones and the condition for these zones are defined in a variable called vZone and in the expression for Zone in the straight table, I've just passed the variable. So now, according to my selections and my value of Revenue and Economic profitability, I get various zones for my customers. I am able to do this much.

The problem now is , I need 4 buttons, one for each zone, such that when I click those buttons, for example if I click the button Zone 1, I should be shown the customers of Zone 1 only. Same goes for Zone 2,3 and 4. Since zone is a calculated field, I cannot access it via the actions in buttons. I cannot set the variable vZone via the button for a zone because suppose I set the value of vZone as 'Zone 1' when I click on the zone 1 button, since I am passing the value of variable vZone directly to my field in the straight table, all the customers will be allocated in Zone 1, which is obviously not my motive.

I cannot upload any screenshots or the qvw files because of security concerns. In case anyone requires any more details to this, let me know. Thanks.

1 Reply
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Shubham,

could you not mock up and simple example qvw with dummy data?

This would save us second guessing!

Andy