Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

Calander for "calculation_periods"

Hi,

I am just creating INCLUDE files for a Standard mastercalendar in my new Company.

The complex Thing is that there are actually three kinds of periods:

- The normal calendar

- The "fiscal year" which starts On October 01

- The "booking" year where one period starts on the 16th of a month and runs till the 15th of the following month.

The first and second I have already implemented, that is not a Problem since the "boundaries" of a fiscal_period matches those of a calendar_month, thus the boundaries of one fiscal_quarter match those of a calendar_quarter (with an Offset of 3 months).

I was able to use the same functions - InMonthToDate and so on - for both.

The third is different and I have not yet found a way to use those same functions to compute it because the "boundaries" of the booking_period do not match those of a calendar_month, thus the quarters and years do not match, either.

As an example: Fiscal_year 2017 started on Oct 01, 2016 and will end on Sep 30, 2017 - but "booking_year" 2017 started on Sep 16, 2016 and will end on Sep 15, 2017 - on Sep 16, 2017 we will have "booking_period" 1 of the "booking_year" 2018 while still counting "fiscal_period" 12 of "fiscal year" 2017 for 15 more days.

I will try once again.

Can anyone else think of a way to to this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

3 Replies
Highlighted
Master
Master

Hi Friedrich,

Try

Mod(Month(Date-15)+3,12)+1

Cheers

Andrew

Champion
Champion

Hi Andrew!

That is really cool! It does not match the issue I was trying to solve, but it does solve another one - it makes the calculation of one field I already had in my calendar a lot easier, replacing a MAKEDATE() with two IFs inside.

Maybe I can use the same or a similar Approach to compute the start and end of the "booking_period" in which the selected value of >> Date << lies? Each of those would similarly replace a MAKEDATE() with two IFs inside.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Highlighted
Master
Master

Hi DataNibbler,

Don't these two expressions solve your problem?

BookingYear = if(Month(Date-15)<9,Year-1,Year)

BookingPeriod = Mod(Month(Date-15)+3,12)+1

Cheers

Andrew