Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculate number of products by time unit having transaction times

Hello the community !

I have a table in qlikview with two field: one containing the time (hh:mm) of  transaction and another one containing the number of products. But here is the problem:

The number of products of the time T is in fact the number of products produced betwen T-1 and T.
What I want is to calculate the the number of products by time unit. For instance:

Time    |    Number of Products   |    Products by time unit

05:30       45                                  -

06:00      30                                  1=30prod/30min

Thank you !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Assuming your Time field contains a proper QV time value (numerics), then in a straight table:

Dimension: Time

Column 1: Sum(Products)

Column 2: Sum(Products) / (Time - Above(Time))

This won't total properly. On the expression tab, select "Average of rows" as the total method, or use this for column 2:

Avg(Aggr(Sum(Products) / (Time - Above(Time)), Time))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Assuming your Time field contains a proper QV time value (numerics), then in a straight table:

Dimension: Time

Column 1: Sum(Products)

Column 2: Sum(Products) / (Time - Above(Time))

This won't total properly. On the expression tab, select "Average of rows" as the total method, or use this for column 2:

Avg(Aggr(Sum(Products) / (Time - Above(Time)), Time))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You might want to look into inter records functions, like peek() or previous().

Something like this:

LOAD

Time,

Number,

Number / (interval#(Time,'hh:mm')- interval#(peek(Time),'hh:mm') ) as ProductsPerDay

FROM TABLE;

It's calculating products per day, if you want a different base, multiply accordingly.

Not applicable
Author

Is it possible (since I have for one time many lines) to express it in a chart this way:

Value(Dimension=T)/(Dimension(T)-Dimension(T-1))

sunny_talwar

Try this script:

Table:

LOAD *,

Num(Num#(Time(Time#(Time, 'hh:mm') - Time#(Peek('Time'), 'hh:mm'), 'hhmm'), '00##'))  as Difference,

[Number of Products]/Num(Num#(Time(Time#(Time, 'hh:mm') - Time#(Peek('Time'), 'hh:mm'), 'hhmm'), '00##')) as [Products by time unit];

LOAD * Inline [

Time, Number of Products

05:30,  45

06:00,  30

];

Output:

Capture.PNG

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am sorry, but I do not understand your question.

Not applicable
Author

In a bar chart where the dimension is Time, to use an expression where for Time the expression is:

Sum(Products)/ (Time - Previous Time)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yasser BENAZZOUZ wrote:

In a bar chart where the dimension is Time, to use an expression where for Time the expression is:

Sum(Products)/ (Time - Previous Time)

That's exactly what my expression does. Just create a bar chart instead of a straight table.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, it actually works for me