Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculation of a count of clients for each first day of a week

Hello!

Target:

I need to calculate a count of clients for each first day of a week (count at the beginning of a period).

Example:

I've got a Straight table like this:

WeekCount( Distinct ClientID)Count( DISTINCT  {<ClientID = P({1<Date={"$(=Date(WeekStart(min(Date))))"}>}ClientID)>}  ClientID )
23.01-2017 - 29-01-2017340
02-01-2017 - 08-01-2017233

My expression does not work correctly. Its calculates a result only for the last ("min") week.

How would look like a correct expression? (and what's wrong with my expression?)

Best wishes,

Evgeniy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Actually, may be without Aggr()... you can try this

=Count(DISTINCT If(Date = Date#(SubField(Week, '-', 1), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), ClientID))

View solution in original post

18 Replies
sunny_talwar

Does a client need to be counted only once or a single client be part of multiple weeks? Also, would you be able to share some raw data to show what you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response, Sunny Talwar!

A single client can be a part of multiple weeks.

Two weeks' data for this example  is attached.

Probably, the right answer has to be like: 8 and 3.

Best wishes,

Evgeniy

sunny_talwar

I am getting 6 and 3, are you sure that 23.01.2017-29.01.2017 is 8?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you are right and 6 is correct. I can't go though your example right now, but I'll do it a bit later.

As I can see you've made some changes into load script.

is it possible to calculate this just using the 'Set Analysis'? (And what was wrong with my expression? )

Best wishes,

Evgeniy

sunny_talwar

Set analysis won't be possible, but I can get the result using Aggr function

sunny_talwar

Actually, may be without Aggr()... you can try this

=Count(DISTINCT If(Date = Date#(SubField(Week, '-', 1), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), ClientID))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'll check both variants, but I'm sure they will be correct!

Thank you so much for your help and attention!

Have a nice evening!

Best wishes,

Evgeniy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello!

I'd also like to know how to calculate customers who started purchasing (who made his first purchase) during each "week" like an expression without any influence in the load script.

Example of result:

WeekCount of New Clients
26.12.1016 - 01.01.2017 - who made his first purchase between 26.12.1016 - 01.01.2017
02.02.2017 - 08.01.2017 - who made his first purchase between 02.02.2017 - 08.01.2017 etc

Best wishes,
Evgeniy

sunny_talwar

This expression is based on no modifications made in the script... is this not working for you?