Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Make your voice heard! Participate in the 2020 Wisdom of Crowds® Survey. BEGIN SURVEY
Not applicable

Calendar object not working correctly in browser

I have an application that sets an input date to a variable using the Calendar object.  When testing in Qlikview on our Qlikview server everything works great and dates are assigned perfectly.   When I use the app in a browser, the Calendar object will not allow user to select past the month of October.   A user can go to November or December and select a day on the Calendar, but the date value comes back with the month of October.  I attached two screen shots.  One before I selected the date and one after.

17 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Calendar object not working correctly in browser

Hi Rob,


Have you seen this posting? Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

It can help ensure you didn't miss something.  If you are still having difficulties, I would recommend you create a small QVW that only does the date selection to confirm there isn't anything else causing a problem.

-Josh

Qlik

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Calendar object not working correctly in  browser

The crazy thing is...  It works using the Qlikview client.   It does not work in a browser.   It has been working for the last 7 months, but now we are into November and it does not want to select November or December.   Again... Only in the browser!

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Calendar object not working correctly in  browser

Does it work on the server when using the IE Plugin?  This will help isolate if it is an environmental issue (i.e. a difference between the server and your desktop or technology issue (i.e. something that is different from the Desktop/OCX version and the AJAX version).

If it doesn't work with the IE Plugin, then I would recommend looking into how you are restricting the dates that can be selected.  Such as, the Today() function has three different versions Today(0), Today(1), Today(2)  or the date formats could be different between your local machine and the server MM/DD/YYYY vs DD/MM/YYYY etc.

Hope that helps,

Josh

Qlik

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Calendar object not working correctly in browser

We are having exactly the same issue over here. It started since beginning of November.

We tried a few things to fix the issue, but none of our ideas worked

our tested ideas were,

- force all days variables, and limit setting to numeric (not worked)

- remove any limit settings (not worked)

- + 30 days to max value, and choose a date in the future in December, and it took us back to November...(strange, not ideal..)

- tested on IE and Chrome for user environment... (not worked either...)

anything else we could do?

We would love to fix this as soon as possible for our users, as the issue has been there for a week!

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Calendar object not working correctly in  browser

When I used the IE plugin, the problem no longer exists!   What do people do if they are using chrome or firefox?

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Calendar object not working correctly in  browser

Since the issue has just recently appeared and it does not appear when using the IE Plugin, I would recommend you open a support ticket.  You can do that at the link below:

Technical Product Support | Qlik

-Josh

Qlik

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Calendar object not working correctly in  browser

I seems to work on my PC which has 11.0 IE.  I used the IE plugin on another user and it did not.

They are on IE 10.0.   I am having them upgrade to 11 and hopefully it will be resolved.   Thank you for the help Josh and I will submit a ticket right away.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Calendar object not working correctly in  browser

It looks like it's only working on my client which has the qlikview ocx file installed.   A user does not have the Qlikview application installed, and it still does not work.   It looks like the Calendar object is a different version.  I attached the difference between my client and another user's client.QCalendar3.pngQCalendar4.png

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Re: Calendar object not working correctly in  browser

Hi Rob,

The AJAX rendering and OCX rendering are different so it is sounds like there is an issue with the AJAX calendar.  I just tested it in my environment (11.2 SR6) and had the same issue.  Yesterday 11.2 SR9 was released.  This is the perfect excuse for me to upgrade and see if I get different results.  I'll let you know.

This should definitely be reported to Support.

-Josh
Qlik

PS here is the app I'm using for testing.  It contains only a small amount of data and some triggers to adjust dates.