Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I create hypertext link in a column in a table to a new sheet

I want to have a column in a table with a button or some kind of link that activates a sheet.

In other words I have a list of loans and I want the user to be able to select one loan a show all the details on a separate sheet.

BTW: What is the etiquette here with reponses. Should I rate them. Send a thank you note? I very much appreciate them! They have been invaluable.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The app attached is based on selections as I described on my post.

Another possibility would be variables.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can work with the visibility condition of the sheets.

Go to the sheet properties -> General -> Show Sheet and write an expression there.

For example, when the user selects only one loan, it goes automatically to sheet 2.

Then, on sheet 2, the condition would be =if( count(distinct loan)=1,1,0)

On all the other sheets, the condition would be exactly the opposite:

=if( count(distinct loan)=1,0,1).

On this details sheet, you can include a button where the user can clear the selection on this field.

- Include a button, go to properties -> Actions -:> Add -> Selection -> make any selection on the field (if the value does not exist this would mean a clear as well).

A second alternative would be the creation of a control variable. Go to Setttings -> Variable Overview and create any variable (controlSheet, for example).

Then you can include buttons on the sheets to set the value of this variable to 1 or 0.

Use this variable as the visibility condition (as described on the first option). The condition would be:

=controlSheet

----

On this forum, you can mark on or more answers on your post as 'verified'.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

The key part is that I need a button or other type of link in every row of the table that allows the user to drill down (activate a new sheet) and see all the elements of that record.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The app attached is based on selections as I described on my post.

Another possibility would be variables.

Hope it helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,. The key I was missing was that there are triggers for "OnSelect" in ""Document Preferences" under settings.