Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I keep space in chart title?

Hello Everyone,

I try to adjust Chart Title caption by adding space.I add Title Caption ='                    Comments' to adjust title caption alignment. Please see attached pic. But those space will gone after I publish this application to upfront.

Do you have any idea to adjust the Chart Titlte position flexibly? Or anyway I can keep those space I add to title.

Thanks,

Dust

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried every option given here but could not find direct solution to ceate enough space in between two words; it shows fine in desktop view but cant find that space in web view..

I did workaround by creating text box and placing at center with transparent, corner title is directly from title..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Praveena,

Yes, you are right. The space will dispear when publish to access point. I will unmark my answer as correct and keep the discussion going on.

Thanks,

Dust

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Make the Title blank (keep "Show Title in Chart" as Checked) and add the text that you want to add as the chart title in "Text in Chart" under Presentation tab.  Format the font as necessary.  Apply the changes.  You can place/move the text box while pressing Ctrl+Shift in the chart.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The solution to maintaining spaces in webview is to use chr(160) for the space characters. e.g.

=repeat(chr(160),8)  & 'My Title'

will keep 8 leading spaces.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much - Rob. Your solution works perfectly. Appreciate!

emoncisvais
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is there a number for the Chr function that works as a tab space? Like in Chr(9).

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌Yes, chr(9) will render a tab character. I believe tabs would ignored in the context of the Ajax HTML client though and would have no effect.

-Rob

emoncisvais
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thank you very much.

Enviado desde mi smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

elmelavi
Contributor III
Contributor III

User This:

KEEPCHAR([Field],'A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z')

WHICH MEAN ADD SPACES BETWEEN CHRACTER