Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can I load session log files from one server to another

Hello Everyone,

I want to know that weather it is possible to load file from production server to development server as we have 2 servers at client site and I want to develop an application from session log files present on production server on development server.

Thank you

Regards

Ferha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If I understand your requirements correctly then what you want is possible if create shares on the client site servers and make sure the shares can be accessed from wherever your qlikview app is. Alternatively you can create another mechanism (for example using sftp) that transfers (copy's of) the session files from the client servers to your development server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If I understand your requirements correctly then what you want is possible if create shares on the client site servers and make sure the shares can be accessed from wherever your qlikview app is. Alternatively you can create another mechanism (for example using sftp) that transfers (copy's of) the session files from the client servers to your development server.

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Gysbert but I don't understand shares as well as other option is there any document which I could check for both of the options.

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Gysbert My question is when we load files by giving the path in qlikview as

C:\Folder A\FileA to load is it possible to give the server path as

\\172.45.67.89\C:\FolderA\File A to load the file from server 88 to 89. qlikview in

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can load files using UNC paths like \\ServerName\FolderA\SubFolderX\FileName

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

But I am getting an error message as " The nework name cannot be found"

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ask your local friendly Windows System Administrator for help with creating and accessing window shares.

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you Gysbert I will check and let you know it seems that this will work....