Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I view data in QlikView offline?

Hi all,

I am new to this QlikView Tool. Are you able to send your QVW file and view data offline? I know with SAP Lumira you can create a Storyboard/Dashboard and save the file to send with the data in it so the person in which you share it with can also view the same data you were looking at? Maybe by created QVD files this work? I have no clue...please help!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, if the user has a qlikview leased license from the server they can open your file and view data. The document will be connected to datasource only when you reload the qvw file for latest or updated data, else the data will be there in qvw since the last reload.

Do the licenses have to be from the same server or could I just send my QVW file to someone else randomly who has a license from another company to view my dashboard and my data?

Any one who has a leased license from the server can open any qvw document created in personal edition. But we usually do not send the qvw file to any random person which is obvious.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Qlikview stores data inside the qvw document. But if you want to share the documents to see each others data you need to have a Leased server license to view other peoples documents. Qlikview personal edition can allow you to open only 4 recoveries per installation.

More info: Personal Edition FAQs

Thanks,
V.

Not applicable
Author

So in theory if I am working for Corporation A and the Analyst all have Qlikview with the leased server license. I can create a QlikView App pulling from my HIVE data source. Save it the App. Then I can send this to another user with a license key and in which they can open and see exactly the same data that I was looking at but without connecting to the same source? As in a offline mode?

Do the licenses have to be from the same server or could I just send my QVW file to someone else randomly who has a license from another company to view my dashboard and my data?

Thanks!

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, if the user has a qlikview leased license from the server they can open your file and view data. The document will be connected to datasource only when you reload the qvw file for latest or updated data, else the data will be there in qvw since the last reload.

Any one who has a leased license from the server can open any qvw document created in personal edition. But we usually do not send the qvw file to any random person which is obvious.