Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld, June 24-25, 2020. Free virtual event for DI and DA gurus. Register Today
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can QVD created by QV10 be read in QVS9.0?

Hi,

I have qlikview v10 and edit a qvw file. But my QVS version is 9.0, can I use qvw(v10) in QVS9.0?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Yes,you can.but the server will not be able to render new objects and new features won't work.

From 8.5 to 9 I experienced some layout differences, I didn't get any of this between 9 and 10

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Yes,you can.but the server will not be able to render new objects and new features won't work.

From 8.5 to 9 I experienced some layout differences, I didn't get any of this between 9 and 10

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello,

You can use both QVD and QVW files in both version 9 or 10 regardless the version they were created with.

Anyway, there's always a section in the Release Notes of every new version of QlikView about Cross-Release compatibility.

Pasted from latest SR2 release notes:

Cross-release compatibilityThere are no problems using QlikView Desktop 10 together with QlikView Desktop 9 inparallel on the same computer. However, the QlikView 10 Plug-in for Microsoft InternetExplorer will conflict with previously installed versions of QlikView Plug-in. Either the previousversion needs to be uninstalled, or the QlikView OCX feature from the QlikView 10installation needs to be de-selected.QlikView has a common file format for versions 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Regards!