Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can Search Box double up as Button?

Hi, I was looking at putting in a new feature in my dashboards. The idea is to collate all chart ids in my dashboard (all custom names) into a table and use the Search box to help quickly find the table I need. Currently I need to use a Button to show/hide the table searched for. I was wondering if it will be possible to have the table restored/maximized/shown immediately after pressing Enter key after search.

Let's say I have two tables:

comics: (objectId - Comics)

[Comics

Calvin And Hobbes

Peanuts

Garfield];

fruits: (objectId - Fruits)

[Fruits

Apple

Mango];

Search_Table: (used in Search box)

[search

Comics

Fruits];

I need the search box to also open the table when I search the ObjectId. I don't want to use a Button/TextBox action. Is it possible?

11 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

After you pressed enter the selection was made in the 'search' field.

So you can use a simple Conditional Show (Properties->Layout)  expression for your charts.

Something like =search='Comics' and  =search='Fruits'

Colin-Albert

Actions are not available from the Search object. Actions are available on buttons, text objects, gauges and lines.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Sample

Not applicable
Author

Hi. This was really helpful. Didn't know about the search syntax. Is there a way I can force it to minimize/maximize the table. I can make use show/hide if maximize doesn't work though.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

PFA, Something like this..

Thank you

Vardhan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vardhan, I have tried macros and felt it was not scalable. I currently have to edit the macro everytime I add a new table or remove an existing one. Hence wanted to know if there was an alternative.

Not applicable
Author

check this, without using macro.

Thank you

Vardhan

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

No, it's just conditional show feature.

Though, you can have more than one object that appears/disappears when the user select something in the search field.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vardhan. This uses the same method as suggested by Whiteline. Looks like minimization is not possible. Not sure if conditional show/hide uses lesser resources compared to minimization.