Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can different users see different data in the same report?

Hey there QlikView Community. I've lurked here for a while but never posted a question until now. I hope someone can help.

My client is interested in QlikView for a sales force made up of one executive, three regional directors (RDs), and 15 district managers (DMs). The executive should be able to see reports with all data included, the RD's should see only regional reports, and the DMs should see data pertaining to their district only. Other than the geographic filters, the reports should look the same regardless of the user.

Is there a good way to achieve this goal? I've considered creating 19 separate reports, but I'm concerned about maintenance issues with that mean unconnected applications. I believe there is a way to set up a configuration file describing which users can see which data, but I don't know any of the details. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes this can be done quite easily.

• On several places you can hide or make visible things, dependent on your role
  • With section access you can configure that a person only sees what he is allowed to see (eg it's own region)

So I think one or a few reports should suffice.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

No need of using so many objects.

Section Access will handle your geographic filtering needs.

Please check you manual and QlikView Tutorial for a step-by-step guide

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Use Section Access to restrict data based on the user, check Help file it has very good example and explanation.

You can show/hide some charts/sheets based on the user accessing dashboard, check this link below hope it helps you.

Sheet level access

Regards,

Jagan.