Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saveriospa
Partner - Contributor III

Can i select max month in Set Analysis with Alternate States?

Hi to all.

I've defined the alternate state "StateB" and an expression like :

sum({<KPI={'Production'},Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter, Month=StateB::Month>} Actual)

If i need to filter Month for the maximum month selected by the user, how can i do?

Many Thanks!!

Saverio

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

But it seems to work for me using

Sum({<Month#={$(=Max({StateB}Num( Month)))}, Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter>}Sales)

edit:

and even without the num():

Sum({<Month#={$(=Max({StateB} Month))}, Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter>}Sales)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can do it similar to selecting a max month in default state:

sum({<KPI={'Production'},Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter, Month= {$(=Max({StateB} Month))}>} Actual)

If Month is a dual value with text and numeric representation, you might need to format the outcome of the max() function to match the text representation. (You can try something like

Month= {$(=FirstSortedValue({StateB} Month,- Month))}

saveriospa
Author

Thanks for your quick response swuehl !

I've already a field that represent the numeric value for the month (Month#) and than i apply your tip.

But, if i try to do :

sum({<KPI={'Production'},Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter, Month#={$(=Max(Num({StateB} Month)))}>} Actual)

It does not return the results that I want.

Can you tell me where I'm wrong?

Thank you in advance!

sunny_talwar

Try this:

Sum({<KPI={'Production'},Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter, Month#={$(=Max(Num({StateB} Month#)))}>} Actual)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you need to push the set expression to the max() aggregation function:

sum({<KPI={'Production'},Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter, Month#={$(=Max({StateB}  Num( Month)))}>} Actual)

I also think that you don't need the Num() function since max() will operate on the numeric representation anyway.

If this doesn't work out, could post what you get and what you expect (as screenshots, but better by posting a small sample QVW)?

saveriospa
Author

This is a small example.

Thanks again!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

But it seems to work for me using

Sum({<Month#={$(=Max({StateB}Num( Month)))}, Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter>}Sales)

edit:

and even without the num():

Sum({<Month#={$(=Max({StateB} Month))}, Period=StateB::Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter>}Sales)

saveriospa
Author

Yes, you are right swuehl!

I had forgotten to define in the expression of the original application all fields related to time dimension (Period = StateB :: Period, Quarter=StateB::Quarter ....).

All work now

You are great. Thanks a lot!!!!