cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Can not make a selection in a list box

I have a field "YTD" that I can not make a selection in (list box, table box, etc).  At first I thought it was possibly something to do with all the tables, variables I was loading in my script. So I loaded only the table with the field in it - but still I can not make a selection in the YTD field (it will temporarily flash the green selection then goes back).  I can make a selection in every other field from this table. How can this happen? I have never had this happen...

Calendar:
LOAD DateNum,
Date,
Key|Date,
UpdateDate_Calendar,
Year,
[Year Retention],
L3YearFlag,
Quarter,
Month,
TTMMonthToday,
Week,
Day,
DayName,
QtrYear,
MonthYear,
YearMonthCurrent_Flg,
[MonthYear(MMMYY)],
MonthYearNumber,
WeekYear,
MonthYearNumberSeq,
_YTD,
YTD,
TTM,
[Calendar Current Month],
_LM,
UpdateDate_WorkingDays,
[Working Days]
FROM
[..\SourceDocuments\QVD\Layer2\Calendar.qvd]
(qvd
);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you select on "YTD" does it then change "Calendar Current Month" thus activating its On Change Trigger which then clears the "YTD" selection ?  Hence the brief flash.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Any field event triggers involved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you got any Field Event Triggers ?

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes I have field event triggers but I took it off for the YTD field and have no triggers running on Open (of the file). So could that still affect the YTD field? even if I am not selecting any of the fields with triggers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could make a copy of the qvw and try deleting all the Field Event Triggers in it to eliminate that or not as the case maybe.

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the help  - I think I figured out partly. I took out one field "Calendar Current Month" , reloaded and it worked fine.

My question:  This field had an Event Trigger on it but why would that matter? Its not like I was making a selection on this field after the reload.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you used an OnChange trigger for that field? And what actions did you use?

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes I clear some fields (including the YTD field) and set some variables. Does this trigger run on a reload?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think it won't run on reload by default, maybe if the selection state changed same time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you select on "YTD" does it then change "Calendar Current Month" thus activating its On Change Trigger which then clears the "YTD" selection ?  Hence the brief flash.