Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juanan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can't open even my own newly created files in Qlikview PE

Hi all!

Some days ago (i think it occurs since last windows update) I tried to open a previously created qvw file to edit and couldn't. I got the "file recovery" message, although nothing has changed in my system (except from windows update): same user, computer, and so on.

I have created some new qvw files to test the problem. I run the script and save the file without problem, but when I quit and immediately reopen qlikview, I can't open none of these new files (nor previous). 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Juanan

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Juanan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

Thank you for the info. I didn't know this was possible 😉 and, yes, I have 1 recovery attempt left yet. 

I  don't know  what happened, but now the problem is over. Something changed (not my system admin nor me did nothing useful at all) and my machine identifier recovered (?) and now everything works fine again. 

Thank for your responses. I'm sorry for not having any hint to help understand what happened. The problem solved unexpectedly the same way it come. Hope it's not repeating, but I don't think so as it has occured to me more than once in the past.

Regards,

Juanan.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Any chance you have already exhausted the 4 license change attempts? Like, if you downloaded a QVW from the Qlik Community, that counts one change. If you then open another app you created, that's a second change. A new QVW from the Qlik Community would be a third, and so on. This does not happen with all the files, some are ready for Personal Edition consumption, but not all.

Anyway, check the release notes for QlikView Desktop just in case it was a known issue that has been solved in later releases.

Juanan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your answer.

No, I have 1 attempt left yet. And this would not affect newly created files, as far as I know. 

We have noticed that another program (veempoint backup software) started to fail after windows update and the error message is related with a change of the computer identifier (UUID or something like that, sorry I don't understand this question clearly).

We are trying to solve this question now. I'll let you know about the solution if we find it.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Juan Antonio, you can verify your recovery attempts via the client, use Help\Document Support Info, you will see how many recovery attempts you have left there, that should verify if you really do have 1 left or not...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Person...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Juanan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

Thank you for the info. I didn't know this was possible 😉 and, yes, I have 1 recovery attempt left yet. 

I  don't know  what happened, but now the problem is over. Something changed (not my system admin nor me did nothing useful at all) and my machine identifier recovered (?) and now everything works fine again. 

Thank for your responses. I'm sorry for not having any hint to help understand what happened. The problem solved unexpectedly the same way it come. Hope it's not repeating, but I don't think so as it has occured to me more than once in the past.

Regards,

Juanan.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Juanan, the important thing is you got it sorted! 🙂  Thanks for letting us know, wish I had some further info that might explain what happened, but I do not really have any idea at this point either, hopefully everything will behave for you going forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.