Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't open excel files withQlikView

Hi

I cant open excelfiles with qlikview even though they are not protected, can it be a user access issue?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It could be many things. What are you doing? What's the error?

Not applicable
Author

when i run the script i get an error message that says that the files can't be opened. i'm trying to get data from the excel files. i've checked the path and it's correct, the files aren't protected or read only or anything either

Not applicable
Author

What is the specific error message? I've had several variations on this over the years. Sometimes it is an invalid file format. Sometimes the file is locked open by Excel. It depends.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Check the file access permissions... The file must have read write permissions.

Thanks,

Saran.

Not applicable
Author

@Jay Jakovski

The file can't be opened '192.168...xls'...

(it's swedish so I translated it, beware that it might not be the exact message)

Not applicable
Author

Can you paste the section of script that loads from the file?

Not applicable
Author

NyaMux: Load Postnummer AS #PostNummer, [Nya Mux 5] AS sls_Nya_Mux_5 FROM \\192.168.101.130\QlikView\exempel\NyaMux5.xls] (biff, embedded labels, table is [Mux$]);

if I change the Ip to "D:" it works, but I would like to use the ip and that doesn't seem to work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure whether this is just a character that was cut in the copy / paste.. but you seem to be missing the first [ - bracket before the \\ in the example above.

Not applicable
Author

it's a copy/paste fail