cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremy_kofoot
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can't pull from Active Directory after updating to QlikView November 2017 SP5

So I updated our dev and test environments to QlikView 12 November 2017 SP5, both server and desktop.  Since that point I have been having issues with scripts that have been connecting to Active Directory.  Before the upgrade they were working correctly without any issues, we have't touched the scripts, but since the upgrade, when running them they get the dreaded QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA error message.

Just want to know if anyone else has run into this issue since upgrading.  It connects properly but once it starts the select statement it immediately errors out and doesn't pull any records.  We are using what has been provided from the community and was working, but I'll include my code as well.  Just seems like there has been a change somewhere in the upgrade that is affecting this.

CODE:

CONNECT TO 'Provider=ADsDSOObject';

LET arg=chr(01); // Set search start name to a very low value

DO

UserTable:

First 999

Load

'UWHIS.HOSP.WISC.EDU' as Domain;

SQL select

displayname,

sAMAccountName,

memberOf,

mail

//FROM 'LDAP://$(RootDse)'

FROM 'LDAP://UWHIS.HOSP.WISC.EDU/OU=All Users,DC=UWHIS,DC=HOSP,DC=WISC,DC=EDU'

where objectClass = 'User'

AND objectCategory = 'Person'

AND displayname>'$(arg)'

Order By displayname

;

EXIT DO WHEN ScriptError > 1 // Stop loop if SELECT has error

EXIT DO WHEN NoOfRows('UserTable') = 0;  // Stop loop if SELECT returns nothing

EXIT DO WHEN peek('displayname') = '$(arg)';  // If the last "name" read is EQ to arg -- no more entries

LET arg=peek('displayname'); // Set the arg to the last "name" read

trace ($(arg));

LOOP

2 Replies
efournel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, Any new about your issue because I have exactly the same one.

You have find any solutions?

Regards

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Microsoft links:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ado/guide/appendixes/microsoft-ole-db-provider-for-microsoft-ac...

The one thing that comes to mind is I believe R&D changed the API we use to talk to the directory to a newer one, so the above link may help in that regard, as that info was posted around the same time we would have done that update, but that is my best hunch as to why it stopped, the change in the Windows API we are using, potentially. Sorry I do not have anything better here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.