Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotthan
Partner - Contributor III

Can we distribute Excel files via Qlikview Publisher?

I noticed that this question had been asked before but didn't see a great response.  Is it possible to have Publisher distribute reports in an Excel spreadsheet rather than PDF?  If so, someone must have some macro code to help out - is anyone willing to share that and the technique? Thanks!

7 Replies
Not applicable

hi, i am not sure about publisher.. but u can write macros in the script by configuring the mail box and therby distributing reports to any recipients ..let me know if u need the code.. will share it.. thanks .. ashwin

scotthan
Author

Would love to see that code, thanks.  How about at a general level - any other ideas on the best way to automatically send out Excel files with data from Qlikview tables?

It sounds like one option would be to have some macro to open the Qlikview doc on the server, have an OnOpen action where you put a macro to send a chart to Excel and having configured the mailbox somehow send it as an attachment to users.  Is that all feasible?  I have no experience in macros.

I see that there is a product that does this smoothly. http://www.nprinting.com/qlikview-excel-report/ .. cool stuff but I'm wondering if we can do it without an additional product.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

Yes, please share the code.

scotthan
Author

ashwin?

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Don't know if you already found a way around this, but there's a product called NPrinting (www.nprinting.com) that has capabilities to schedule reports / charts to export to Excel & PDF and apply filters etc. Might be worth a look.

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
scotthan
Author

Looks neat, thanks Alex.

sunshineli
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, Publisher itself can't distribute reports, it needs a PDF generator to distribute reports but only in PDF format and it is quite expensive. As far as I know, NPrinting is the only product on the market which can generate and distribute Excel and other formats (PowerPoint, Word, HTML) reports and it is cheap compared to the PDF generator. Whether you have Publisher or not, it is better for you to use NPrinting than a PDF generator.