Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we upload a text file into Search Object?

Hi,

Our requirement is to enter multiple search criteria in the Search object of qlikview.

As there are huge number of Product Codes(almost 20000), user has 3000-4000 Product codes on which they want to analyse.

Entering these 3000-4000 product codes every time is very time consuming and hectic process. So, they want to upload a text file into search criteria which contains the required Product Codes that are to be analysed. Can we achive this in Qlikview?

If not can anyone please let me know how we can enter multiple search criteria in Qlikview Search?

Like i want to enter *p-* , *c-*, *r-* so that my result will display only the related prodcuts.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

take a look at my exam application. The Idea behind is to use trigger, i.e. an "OnOpening"-action to predefine a selection (=current Month). Note that all triggers are hand made. I suppose you could easily use variables and/or fields from a text-file as preformatted default input searchstrings.

Hope this helps

Roland

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

This isn't exactly what you want, but in the attached example, you can click in the variable, bring up the data entry area, and then paste as many IDs from a file as you want (though I'm not sure what the limit would be in practice). So your users would select all in the text file, cut, and paste. A trigger on the variable entry then converts this list into an advanced search expression to select those values. If your list is allowed to include wildcards, you would replace the '=match(Field,' with '=wildmatch(Field,'. The example assumes exact IDs.

Not applicable
Author

thank you jhon you are the best:)

Not applicable
Author

Using a different solution:

• users upload Excels with desired search items in first column to a web page
  • The web page will trigger EDX reload
  • each user sees own uploaded files based on NT-name
  • daily scheduled task that deletes files older than a week

This assumes that there are ready made QVD files for fast reload. It is very important not to process hundreds of Excels = slow and will fill the disk

-Alex