Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Cannot Select Items in a List Box

Simen, there have been no changes in months.  It's interesting to hear that features can persist on the server or that, as Jonathan mentions, order of execution can create unpredictable behavior. 

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

As far as order of operations , its a tricky subject.

You'll find some info here on it.  Trying to see if i can get you something more definitive to read up on.  Anyways this pertains to actions/triggers specifically so not to worry if you aren't using those.

http://community.qlik.com/message/264053#264053

Highlighted
Not applicable

ioannis, I am glad you suggested the unchecking the setting in document > open.  I forgot to do that.  Unfortunately, it had no effect.

Highlighted
Not applicable

This afternoon web access was lost for a few minutes ("Message: No Server" was displayed on the AccessPoint), and when it came back, poof, the issue was resolved!  Our server folks have not found an issue in the logs.  They were doing nothing on their end to cause a disruption.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I wish I knew how and why this resolved itself.

New Contributor III

I just had a similar issue with v12.1 SR3 and wanted to share how I resolved it.

The issue was that one of our bookmarks was utilizing a field that was locked to a specific value. The underlying data on that field changed and that value was no longer a value that could be selected. While the 'current selections' box did not show this particular field, the lock persisted, thus making the list box unclickable.

The quickest way to fix this is to go to the "navigation" menu bar and click the "unlock" button. This will unlock all fields, including fields that are not visible from the current selections box.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks.  That is a great find.  The issue recurred for us until we did a thorough revision of the dashboard.  We did away with a locked field, among other things we no longer needed, and it fixed the issue for good for us. I did not know for sure which change worked, but your observation paints the locked field as the culprit!