Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot see QV Desktop after execution

Hi People,

I have a problem with QlikView Desktop edition that I use with Developer License.
When I first install QV Desktop It runs smoothly, but when I close QV Desktop and

try to re execute after a while or open a qvw file I only  see window's hourglass and nothing else.

QV screen does not appear. When I look at the task manager I can see qv.exe working,

but I cannot see the program window therefore cannot use it. As I read from other discussions I tried to

delete settings.ini file but that was a temporary solution. When I reopen the document after deleting settings.ini,

the settings.ini file is recreated and program opens while asking me the language I want to use.

But after I exit QV and try to reopen, the same problem occurs.
Waiting for your suggestions.
Best Regards
Tukan Senel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I unistalled qlikview and cleared registry and all application data with a third party 'uninstall tool'.

Then reinstalled Qlikview Desktop. That solved the problem. I do not know the real cause, but that problem may had been caused by an improper installation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Did you gett this issue resolved?

Not applicable
Author

I unistalled qlikview and cleared registry and all application data with a third party 'uninstall tool'.

Then reinstalled Qlikview Desktop. That solved the problem. I do not know the real cause, but that problem may had been caused by an improper installation.