Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot set values for variables using the command line and qvp:// protocol

I am having trouble with using QlikView from the command line when passing variables using the QVP protocol.

1. My document has a variable called vFileID

2. I created a subroutine titled "AutoRun" and assigned this to run automatically on document open. (Document Properties > Triggers Tab > OnOpen > Edit Actions > Run Macro > AutoRun)

3. I call this QlikView document with the command line option -vvFileID=12345 to set the value of the variable from the command line.

This works beautifully if I open the file directly from the server file share. The variable is set and I can take action to filter the document on this value.

"c:\program files\QlikView\qv.exe" /vvFileID=12345 "\\muscobi\QlikView User Documents\SimpleDMS\SimpleDMS.qvw"

However, when I open the document on the server using the QVP protocol that the users need, the variables are not set. The file opens, and the autorun code fires, but the variables are empty.

"c:\program files\QlikView\qv.exe" /vvFileID=12345 "qvp://muscobi/AccessPoint/SimpleDMS/SimpleDMS.qvw"

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting this to work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Try this:

"c:\program files\QlikView\qv.exe" "qvp://muscobi/AccessPoint/SimpleDMS/SimpleDMS.qvw?vFileID=12345"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So, nothing? I guess this is one for QlikView technical support, then.

Not applicable
Author

Try this:

"c:\program files\QlikView\qv.exe" "qvp://muscobi/AccessPoint/SimpleDMS/SimpleDMS.qvw?vFileID=12345"

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I'm novice at macros and I'm encountering the same problem. I have two queries:

1-  I'd like to know how I should insert this text:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /vVariable=1 "\\MyUser\MyFolder\MyQV.qvw"

in the module editor within the subroutine body. For now, the editor tells me that it expects an statement.

Could anybody provide me with the complete macro code?

2- Next step for me will be also to achieve this with qvp path at server side. Has anybody confirm if it has been possible and provide with the correct qvd path syntax?

Thanks in advanced,

Beatriz

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just created a new document and ran into the same problem as I had with this one. Searching Google I found my original limitation.

Your suggestion works! Thank you!

I am running some macro code on load to make the selection based on the variable. This command line populates the variable as expected.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" "qvp://muscobi/AccessPoint/Customer Service/Invoice Lookup.qvw?vInvoiceNo=149120"

My macro to make the selection:

Sub AutoRun()

'clear selections

ActiveDocument.Clearall false

'msgbox activeDocument.variables("vInvoiceNo").GetContent.String

'set the InvoiceNo

if activeDocument.variables("vInvoiceNo").GetContent.String <> "" then

ActiveDocument.Fields("invoice_no").ToggleSelect activeDocument.variables("vInvoiceNo").GetContent.String

ActiveDocument.variables("vInvoiceNo").SetContent "", True

end if

End sub

Thank you!