Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiwalade_Omotosho
Contributor
Contributor

Change Field Data Type Dynamically

Hi,

I am currently working on a Script. I am dynamically loading CSV Tables into QlikView from a list. Each field can contain Hundreds of Fields.

However, after transforming using crosstables, some text values were converted into numbers. For example "1 7". "1 6" which is a text was converted into 17 and 16 respectively. After running a simulation using one of the affected fields, I discovered that this did not happen if I explicitly loaded the field as Text (Text(-----)).

How can I change the Data Type for each field at the point of loading and still retain the name of the field.

@swuehl  @sunny_talwar  @hic  @jagan 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tiwalade_Omotosho
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks a Lot for responding. I was able to figure out a work around

Since I was loading from what is already stored in  QVD,

1. I did an extra-transformation on the extraction script to generate the field statements where the text function has already been applied.

2. I concatenated the different fields to generate the modified load statements per QVD

3. I then loaded this using a loop into the Transformation script.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Control of the "data type" in the LOAD script is very limited in QlikView.

Would be good to actually see your script (best using small sample script and data set) to be able to tell you more.

Tiwalade_Omotosho
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks a Lot for responding. I was able to figure out a work around

Since I was loading from what is already stored in  QVD,

1. I did an extra-transformation on the extraction script to generate the field statements where the text function has already been applied.

2. I concatenated the different fields to generate the modified load statements per QVD

3. I then loaded this using a loop into the Transformation script.