Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change OSUser name in Qlik or Fetch Domain name of User from SAP BI

Hi All ,

We are fetching authorization data from SAP BI ,the user name is stored as "USERID" (e.g. ABHISHEK) , and  in Qlik the user name is like "DomainName\USERID" (E.g. ASIA\ABHISHEK) .

We need to use section access here to restrict all the users according to the authorization data coming from SAP BI , but this is not working as  the User's name is not matching in both SAP and Qlik.

Is there any way to remove Domain name in QlikView ?

OR

Is there any way to fetch User ID domain name from QlikView ?

Please help.

6 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi.

SUBFIELD(OSUSER,'\',2)

This should return just the user name in QlikView, this can be used in the script and in the front end.

Or

In the script you could use

'DomainName\'&USERID as USERID,

This will add the domain name to the front of the username on load.

Mark

Not applicable
Author

are you facing the issue in Section Access ?

While creating the Section Access table, simply add the domain name to USER ID from SAP. If users have more than one Domain Name, then try to get the source to attach the Domain Name for each USER. All this needed if you are using NTName in your Section Table.

If you don't get domain id, then use the USERNAME option in the Section Access table. I think getting the password is too complicated and its impossible to implement SSO with USERNAME

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

But my issue is I have only user name coming from SAP in my table/Excel and

for section access in Qlik it automatically takes Domain/NTID (for e.g. ASIA\A10000)

Is there any way of removing Domain name from Section Access in Qlik.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Thanks a  lot for your reply ,

Yes I am facing issue in section access, and I cannot fetch Domain name from SAP .

Do you know some table in SAP where the domain names are stored ?

yes we want to implement Section Access with NTNAME only , but because of different user name (     DomainName/UserID -> Qlik

and UserID -> SAP )

it is not working.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Again,

I am not aware of aware of not using the the domain\username in section access.

Have you tried amending your sections access script in your dashboard, to append the domain to the front?

Were you are loading the usernames into the sections access script would just need to add 'DomainName\'& to front ans they would then match up.

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

I donot have the Domain name of all the users , I can collect domain name of only current user from OSUser() function , but to implement section access I need all users with there domain name .

Is there any way in Qlik to get all the Active directory user's names ?