Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darkshadow91223
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change automatically between values in a field

Hi all,

Is there a way in qlikview that allows me to automatically change the selected value in the filter.

image.png

The filter of above i need to select every region individually it took me a lot of time and i only need to check some graphics. So my question is if there some way or even macro to set it select first value and after some seconds change to the next one?.

Thanks in advanced.

Uriel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. This may or may not work in the ajax client. And it can lead to performance problems since it will continuously recalculate any visible charts because the selections change every second.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. This may or may not work in the ajax client. And it can lead to performance problems since it will continuously recalculate any visible charts because the selections change every second.

darkshadow91223
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your solution Gysbert_Wassenaar and sorry for the late reply.

I have doubts regarding the formula.
I understand that the mod section is for the element_no for FieldValue and that 6 is the number of elements in my field but why did you add +1 at the end of mod?.
What is "Sencond(Now())+1" doing?

Thank you for your help!.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See the online help for the Mod function to see what it does:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

If you look at the examples you'll see the Mod function can return 0. But the FieldValue function needs index values starting at 1. That's why I add the +1 at the end.

Try things out in a textbox object to see what they do.