Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change excel default saved folder

When you click on the XL button that is on the right top side of the sheet-object, the excel will be exported and saved in the default saved folder <C:\\users\username\appdata\local\temp.

Is it possible to change the default saved folder of excel?

As far as I know, it is not possible but I wonder if there is a way to change this in the setting of QlikView.

Regards,

Kaung Myat Tun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob,

To summarize, there is no setting inside QlikView to change the directory for the export to excel (XL) button.

Since it is exported to the user's app local temporary folder, one may change the user's app local temporary directory setting of the Windows OS (i.e.Windows environment variable), and this action will effect for applications.

:: Kaung Myat Tun

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you looking for export from the Qv.exe Developer or from the Access Point. If AP, IE Plugin or Full Browser Version?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

I am looking for export from the Qv.exe Developer.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Then I believe the directory is specified by the Windows environment variable "TMP". Set that to a directory before starting Qlikview and that will be the export directory. For example, from a CMD prompt:

CD \program files\qlikview

SET TMP=C:\temp

qv.exe

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your tip.

But qlikview has to open via CMD prompt whenever one needs to export to other directory.

I would like to set the directory path without opening from CMD prompt.

With regards,

Kaung Myat Tun

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can change the value permanently through Computer Properties. That would of course, change the value for all applications.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob,

To summarize, there is no setting inside QlikView to change the directory for the export to excel (XL) button.

Since it is exported to the user's app local temporary folder, one may change the user's app local temporary directory setting of the Windows OS (i.e.Windows environment variable), and this action will effect for applications.

:: Kaung Myat Tun

iliyansomlev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

What about export done from AP, either IE Plugin or Full Browser access?

Can we set the directory where Export to Excel store files? With AJAX access a windows opens and asks if file should be saved but it is already saved in C:\Users\my.user.name\Downloads, correct me if I am wrong. I believe with IE plugin happens the same - excel is open when a file is already saved in this directory (only the asking window doesn't appear).

Can we deactivate the automatic saving with IE plugin and Full Browser?

Can we set another directory for this automatic file saving - e.g.D:\MyExportedQlikviewFiles?

Best Regards,

Iliyan