Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change in Sales Pivot

Hi stalwar1

In the attached QVW you had helped me create a filter for change in values (Increase or Decrease). Now, how do I show the increase and decrease values in separate pivot tables?  Instead of using the Change filter if I need to show a pivot table with increase values and another pivot table with decreased values how can we achieve that?

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
sunny_talwar

May be like this

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the response stalwar1‌ and loveisfail
I am looking for an output as shown by Sunny where I can show Increases and Decreases in separate Pivot Tables.

But what if my data model doesn't have Increase/Decrease field and it should be calculated as well. In this scenario how would you calculate and show Increases and Decreases in two different pivot tables separately.

Please find attached qvw and the data used.

I should be able to show the increase and decrease values in two separate pivot tables when I select two different dates from the week filter. For example when I select 6/5/2017 and 6/26/2017 there should be only increase values in the pivot table for Increase.

sunny_talwar

I was not referring to the field name, but to the expression label. The expression still works...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks stalwar1

This works with the smaller data set when I work from my local Qlikview desktop. But when I apply this logic to the actual larger data set in the server I am also getting the rows where there is no change in the value and also the decreased ones. Since the pivot table has logic only to show Increase it shows 'increase' for the lines where the values have increased but for the lines where there is no change in the value and for decrease lines it is showing '-' Any idea what could be causing this?

I need to be able to show only the ones that have increased and the ones that have decreased in separate pivot tables.

sunny_talwar

Can you show an image of what you are seeing?

Not applicable
Author

snip1.JPG

This is how it looks like. Need to get rid of rows with '-' and only show the rows where values has increased.

sunny_talwar

Change your first expression to do this

If(Column(4) = 'Increase', Expression)

Capture.PNG

By doing this, you will be forcing those rows where the Column(4) (Increase/Decrease) is not increase to be null and the rows will go away.

Not applicable
Author

If I do that then I get like below. The first expression values show as '-' but still pivot table shows those lines.

Snip2.JPG