Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change the definition of a dimension by macro without remove/add

Hello,

I would like to change with a macro the definition of a dimension, without remove/add a new one.

For example, I have a pivottable dimension (=Dim1). When the user clic on a button, the dimension change and become Dim2.

I don't want to remove/add dimension to keep the properties of the dimension (for example the conditional show).

I can't use variables beacause the user can change the order/number of columns/rows (=change the order of dimensions in the graphe).

I would like to reset the pivottable (reset the order of dimensions = the order/number of columns/rows) with one clic, it means with macro I guess.

Thank you for your help.

Enzo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I find my solution.

I will change the definition of the dimension, the label and the conditional show. I didn't want to delete the dimension to keep the conditional show but I just find a way to replace it.

Moreover, I have a problem with MoveDimension. I don't know why but it doesn't work. I download the last update of QlikView but it doesn't change anything. The solution with MoveDimension was to sort the dimensions thanks to their label (  objProp.Dimensions(j).Title ), but I have to let this down.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you're looking for is the MoveDimension member. This would move the dimension that's in first position into second position:

set chart=ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01")

chart.MoveDimension 0,1

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer.

The problem is that I don't know the number of dimension. As I mentioned, the user can change the order of dimensions. For example :

- I have 5 dimension called Dim1, Dim2, Dim3, Dim4, Dim5

- The user change the order of dimension to have a new pivottable (ex : Dim1, Dim4, Dim3, Dim2, Dim5)

- Now I want with one clic to reset the pivottable, it means I want the dimension in the right order (Dim1, Dim2, Dim3, Dim4, Dim5)...But I don't know the number of each dimension (but I know the label or the definition of the dimension if it helps)

Not applicable
Author

I find my solution.

I will change the definition of the dimension, the label and the conditional show. I didn't want to delete the dimension to keep the conditional show but I just find a way to replace it.

Moreover, I have a problem with MoveDimension. I don't know why but it doesn't work. I download the last update of QlikView but it doesn't change anything. The solution with MoveDimension was to sort the dimensions thanks to their label (  objProp.Dimensions(j).Title ), but I have to let this down.

Thanks for your help.