Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changes on my Qlik Sense extension source code is not working on my extension

Hi there!!,

I`ve been struggle with this situation. When I made an extension from the scratch everything since to work well, but when I start making changing on the extension, even if I close Qlik Sense and open again, the changes since to do not make any effect on the extension. I`m still getting the old version!!! Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Reading the whole tutorial QlikSense-Extension-Tutorial from published by Stefanwalter, i found my problem was in the configuration of Chrome.

Man!!!, what a frustration to spend a whole day in order to find out this little check box!!!

Changes made in a visualization extension are not reflected

When developing visualization extensions and testing them in Qlik Sense Desktop it might happen that you don't immediately see the changes. The reason for this behavior is that Qlik Sense Desktop is using the Chromium browser and because of current settings the Chromium browser is aggressively caching websites.

The best solution for this behavior:

• Open Qlik Sense Desktop (and keep it open)
  • At the same time use any installed browser (e.g. Chrome) and load http://localhost:4848/hub

If you want to completely disable browser caching e.g. in Chrome you can configure Chrome as such:

• Open Chrome's DevTools (F12)
  • Go to "Settings"
  • Check "Disable cache (while DevTools is open)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Reading the whole tutorial QlikSense-Extension-Tutorial from published by Stefanwalter, i found my problem was in the configuration of Chrome.

Man!!!, what a frustration to spend a whole day in order to find out this little check box!!!

Changes made in a visualization extension are not reflected

When developing visualization extensions and testing them in Qlik Sense Desktop it might happen that you don't immediately see the changes. The reason for this behavior is that Qlik Sense Desktop is using the Chromium browser and because of current settings the Chromium browser is aggressively caching websites.

The best solution for this behavior:

• Open Qlik Sense Desktop (and keep it open)
  • At the same time use any installed browser (e.g. Chrome) and load http://localhost:4848/hub

If you want to completely disable browser caching e.g. in Chrome you can configure Chrome as such:

• Open Chrome's DevTools (F12)
  • Go to "Settings"
  • Check "Disable cache (while DevTools is open)