Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Changing chart background colour depending on dimension value

Good day everyone again!

I have several charts (straight tables and pivot tables, but specially straight tables) in which I want to change the background colour depending on the dimension value.

For instance, I've got a "Day" dimension, and I thought to customize the colour in the dimension controlling odd and even days. But it's possible to have two even consecutive days or two odd consecutive days, so my conditional won't work as I want to change background every time the value changes. Speaking about days,

01/01/2010

01/01/2010

02/01/2010

Would change only in the third line. I haven't managed to do that. Anyone can shed some light on how to do it?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Good Day,

you may for each dimension click on the small "+" and enter under "Background" something like

=IF(Date <> ABOVE(Date), LIGHTBLUE())

Instead of LIGHTBLUE() you may choose with RGB(n, n, n) your own colours

HTH
Peter

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Can you attach small example to work on?

Not applicable

As far as I can see you will only be able to change background colours every set number of lines...

prieper
Master II
Master II

Good Day,

you may for each dimension click on the small "+" and enter under "Background" something like

=IF(Date <> ABOVE(Date), LIGHTBLUE())

Instead of LIGHTBLUE() you may choose with RGB(n, n, n) your own colours

HTH
Peter

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately, it doesn't work. I'll keep thinking about it but new suggestions are welcome!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens
Author

As far as I know, and regarding the tests I have performed, changing colours this way works for pivot tables but not straight tables. Do you know how to do it? Maybe with some before() or after() plus below() and above()?

Not applicable

Hi Miguel,

I was doing the same thing and this above() does not work on Straighttable. Did you find any solution in this two years for this problem?

Thanks in Advance

Sravan

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens
Author

Hi Sravan,

I worked that around using the conditionals as suggested by Peter above. Anyway, that was a bug in the version. If you post some sample data we can check and see how it behaves and if we can find the review the issue.

Regards,

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica