Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing the Alert message fond in e-mail

Hi All,

i would like the change the font of the message send by the alert function

the default font is using different spacings for different letters but to get a simple list

i need all letters to be equal in spacing like 'Courier new' and 'Lucida Console' or Lucida Sans Typewriter'

Arial

www: 1

iii: 2

eee: 3

imw: 4

QqQ: 4

Courier New:

www: 1

iii: 2

eee: 3

imw: 4

QqQ: 4

i want all numbers to alight the same

i can make this possible in a textbox but not in the alert mail.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I have tried it with changing the font from the document but this didn't work. You could try to change the font from the user-properties but I don't think this would be very practically even when it should work. Whereby I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't customizeable on the qlikview-side and that these dialog simply used the system-fonts from OS and also here would be a change have side-effects (but maybe there are hacks possible like in this posting: Chart Properties Number Dialog Tab Clipped).

Another idea is to write your output in html which could be displayed from most of the mail-clients as formatted content. If you are not very experienced with html you could export a table from you in html and then look at them with a editor like notepad ++ to see how the structure looks like. Nevertheless if you want to try it in this way I wouldn't really start with a table else I would create some "Hello World" stuff to check that the logics with your environment worked.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I have tried it with changing the font from the document but this didn't work. You could try to change the font from the user-properties but I don't think this would be very practically even when it should work. Whereby I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't customizeable on the qlikview-side and that these dialog simply used the system-fonts from OS and also here would be a change have side-effects (but maybe there are hacks possible like in this posting: Chart Properties Number Dialog Tab Clipped).

Another idea is to write your output in html which could be displayed from most of the mail-clients as formatted content. If you are not very experienced with html you could export a table from you in html and then look at them with a editor like notepad ++ to see how the structure looks like. Nevertheless if you want to try it in this way I wouldn't really start with a table else I would create some "Hello World" stuff to check that the logics with your environment worked.

- Marcus