Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Dimensions

Hi, first post on here so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section. I currently have a bar chart which details 3 measures, being Line Efficiency, Labour Productivity and Labour Efficiency. The application is being used for Production Performance Measuring and is divided into various machines. I am therefore currently using the machine name as the dimension and then 3 expressions, 1 for each measurement required.

This provides me with a bar chart displaying the three machines seperately and then each expression as a measure as would be expected. I would like to be able to reverse this chart however and use each measure of performance as a dimension, and then display each machine side by side within each of these measures.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In this case you need to create only one expression,

You also need to create a field containing threee indicators such as 'Line efficiency'; 'Performance Measuring','Labour Efficiencey',eetc..

Then in your expression you must do something like IF(indicators = 'Line efficiency',sum(xxxx),0) ° IF(indicators = 'xxxxxx',sum(yyyyyy),0) etc...

Then you add the Indicators field as a dimension.

Rgds,

Sébastien

vidyut
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Interesting one 🙂

One simple solution would be like this. Say i have Machine Names(M) and Measures(M1,M2,M3).

I have loaded a Inline table with the data (Shown Below). For the chart that you want, Do the 'Turning around' using CrossTable, and then use the Measure and Machine as Dimensions., and Sum(Value) as Expression for your bar chart.

Create a Cross table

A:
CrossTable (Measure,Value)
Load * Inline [
M,M1,M2,M3
];

BarChart:

Dimensions: M,Measure

Expression: Sum(Value)

Not applicable
Author

I had not heard of Crosstable before ... pretty cool. Thanks Vidyut Big Smile

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I have looked at this crosstable and it provides me with the correct layout. Can I however use formulae to calculate the relevant values as opose to static values and if so what would the script look like, sorry if this sounds stupid but am new to qlikview.

Thanks again.

Damien

vidyut
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In that case, go with the suggestion provided by spastor, That should work.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, am not sure how to go about implementing the solution provided by Spastor unfortunately. I know how to create an additional field but how do I add indicators to this.