Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Object Straight Table

When clicking a field value of a chart object (straight table) associated data in other objects appear based on that selection; however, when I click the same value again, the former values do not reappear (revert).  I can click the back button to get the previous results, but it bothers me that all the other chart objects (straight tables) work except for this one.  I tried to re-do the object using one that works but it did not work.

Any suggestions/solutions?

I'm using QlikView v11.

Thanks

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you using calculated dimensions in this chart?

Please describe all your dimensions and expressions in detail, and where exactly you select in. You can also create a current selection box and compare the selections when selecting in the other charts compared to selecting in the special one.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, but I am using them in the other objects a well and there is no problem.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am particulary thinking about calculated dimensions with a combination of fields from your data model, like concatenating some fields to one dimension.

Would it be possible that you upload a small sample?

Not applicable
Author

javascript:;After comparing the selections of the other charts with the "problem chart" in the Current Selections object, I can see that what differs in all cases relates to the calculated dimension field of the "problem chart".

The calculated dimension of the "problem chart" is:

=If(Perfusion.XXXXX1 = 1 and Perfusion.XXXXX2 = 1, 1)

With the above calculation the Current Selections object shows two selections compared to the other objects, which show only one selection.

RightSideLeftSide.PNG.png

Other Objects:

Other.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I uploaded some new information that might help you assess the problem. I think it has to do with the nature of the calculated dimension.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Right, that's what I've assumed to be the cause.

Easiest solution would be to create a new flag field in your script instead of the calculated dimension, and use the single field instead of the calculated dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Great, I will learn what a flag field is and give it a try. Thanks for your help.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Add this line to the LOAD where you loaded the two fields (need to be in the same table):

LOAD

Perfusion.XXXXX1,

Perfusion.XXXXX2,

If(Perfusion.XXXXX1 = 1 and Perfusion.XXXXX2 = 1, 1) as Flag,

Not applicable
Author

Oh, ok, many thanks swuehl!