cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart Question

Hi

I Need to create a chart as below , but not sure which type of chart I need to use , attached is my application with some sample data and here is the condition for coloring the dots:

• If ingestion completed after 11:00 am, color the dot red
    • If ingestion completed before 11:00 am then

if data parity is green, then color the day/dot green

If data parity is yellow or red, then color the day/dot red

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached?

I've used a calculcated dimension made of date and time as key, you probably should use something more meaningful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached?

I've used a calculcated dimension made of date and time as key, you probably should use something more meaningful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes the chart looks like what I wanted , but I have few questions here ,

1.What is the concatenation of date and time doing ? I mean how is it being calculated and plotting the dots.. I see a number but cannot understand how its helping to plot the chart

2.the enable scroll bar is disabled .. is that feature not allowed in these chart types? I want to see all dates with a scroll bar .. is that possible?

3.And also what does 2 represent , nothing seems to happen if I change it

swuehl
MVP
MVP

1)  You need at least one dimension in a scatter chart.

Since I haven't found a good candidate in your sample data table, I created a calculated dimension from these two fields.

As said, maybe not a the best or even a good choice, replace with something more appropriate (the field that should be used to group by your bubbles. Maybe something like IngestionID)

2) Not sure about that, I haven't encountered a need for that till now

3) 2 is an arbitrary number, you are right

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much .. I was actually looking for something as below for the scatter chart