Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart - Straight Table - Dimension - Comment vertical??

Hi,

we found something (QV 11.2 SR5) which looks actually like a bug...

We have a chart, type Straight table, several dimensions. We want the labels of the columns to be shown vertical, so we chose the option "Vertical Columns Labels" in the tab Presentation. Everything fine until now.

But: for some of the dimensions we added a comment in the field "Comment"... and this comment is also shown vertical! Why should anyone ever want to read a comment (in our case several lines) vertical? Either the comment should always be shown horizontal or at least there should be a setting or option to prevent it to be turned...

Has anyone an idea how to solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Martin

4 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think it is not a bug (even if it is not a good behaviour) but it follows column settings.

Not applicable
Author

i know it probably won't be considered as a bug by QT since it indeed follows the settings... but nevertheless this is SO useless that i would tend to consider it as a wrong behaviour... as I said: who should ever want to see comments vertically, eitherway if the label is vertical or not?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Why don't you advice qlik  view team?

Not applicable
Author

Because i still hope that someone knows a way how to configure the chart to work as i want it to...