Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Chart hide show based on latest selected field (Not selected field value)

Hi, PFA qvw file with 3 fields and 3 text boxes. I need to hide show these text boxes when field values are selected, but if the last selection is on 2nd field only 2nd text box should be shown the other two should be hidden.  Like i have FieldA, FieldR, FieldT with respective text boxes. When i select a value in FieldR, R text box should show, if i select FieldA, FieldA text box should show and R textbox should be hidden and so on. So this is based on last selection made on specific field. 

Any help much appreciate it. 

@sunny_talwar @swuehl 

2 Replies
abhijith8692
Contributor
Contributor

You can use getselectedcount function to get the desired output, i.e in the layout of the A text box you can set the Show as conditional and use the expression as GetSelectedCount (A)>=1 it will then show/hide the text box on the basis of this.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The piece that may be missing though is if the other field still has a selection, how to hide that text object, as that was the requirement as I read through things, but I have no idea off the top of my head how best to go at that, so hopefully someone else will potentially chime in, but you may want to confirm I am on the right track regarding the rest of the requirement/use case here, as that should let folks know you need more info.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.