Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jurciello
Contributor III
Contributor III

Chart legend text wrap

Hello everyone,

As far as I know, in QlikView we can chose text wrap(in case we have very long legend). But there is following situation

qq.jpg

legends goes out of the chart and out of the screen. How to adjust legend settings to have a legend only in screen area and with comfortable wrapping ?

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you check using ctrl plus shift to endrag of legend box.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

what if you use Chr(10) in your label where you want to use a New row.

like: ='dskfbfl'&chr(10)&'dkjvadgfvkjbvgjkb' .......aso

jurciello
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Colleagues,

kindly thanks for your answers. But I wrote about chart legend and pined screenshot with hint legend.Sorry it`s my fault. Actually I want some advice how to avoid problem with text wrap (in chart legent, not in hint) in case when we have long or very long dimenssion value.

So here the correct screenshot Untitled.png

Untitled.png

We can see here wraping into 2 lines and "..." symbols. My question is : how can  I manage the quantity of the lines for the legend line to be wraped. For example, we have such line in legend "Carlos Antonio Pedro Julio Fernando Victor Ramon da Silva" . Qlik Sense will wrap like this :

"Carlos Antonio

Pedro Julio..."

But how make like this :

"Carlos Antonio

Pedro Julio

Fernando Victor

Ramon da Silva".

Is there some Qlik adjustment or maybe in further versions such feature is going to be innovate?