Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart sort issue with Frequency Descending after upgrade from SR7 to SR12 (bug ?)

After upgrading the QV server and desktop developer software from SR 7 to SR 12, stacked bar charts are not sorting properly on the second dimension frequency, nor is a correction of this sorting being saved/applied properly.

When I open the document, the frequency setting is changed?/defaulted to Ascending.  I change it to Descending, press apply, it makes the change, I save the file and close it.  Then when I open the file again, the frequency sort is once again changed to ascending (descending is lost).

I know that the frequency Descending was applied upon the save, because the thumbnail view on the server is correct in that it shows the chart having the blue color as the largest segment.  However, when the app is opened from the server, the pink is the largest segment.

I was using the frequency descending sort in QV 10 and QV 11 SR 7 with no issues whatsoever until the upgrade from SR 7 to SR 12.  Due to the behavior with the save/apply not persisting I think this is a bug.  Has anyone else experienced this with a second-dimension sort in a stacked bar chart ?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have exactly the same bug.

My QlickView Desktop version is : 11.20.12904.0 SR12 64-bit Edition

My Qlikview server is 11.20 SR12

Anyone as a solution ?

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

We have recent upgraded to from 11.20 SR5 to SR12 & facing the same issue. Did you get some work around for this?

It seems to be like Bug in SR 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QlikView support has confirmed this is a bug.  Expected to be fixed in SR13 and QV12