Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart to ignore selected filters

I currently have a chart developed (QV11) that contains both set analysis and a standard "IF Statement" and i need to ignore any filters selected on the same sheet.  I am familiar with how to code it using the "1" character in set analysis but how do i code the IF statement to ignore the selected filters?  Is there a general setting anywhere within a chart's properties to tell it to ignore filters?

here is the IF statement code:

if([Project Class]='Large' and [Program-SRV]='V9/V10 Service Delivery' and State<>'Cancelled' and State <> 'Completed',

Date(Min([Start Date])) & ' - ' & Date([End Date]) & '

' & (
[End Date]-Min([Start Date])) & ' Total Days

'&
Fabs([End Date]-Today()) & ' Days ' & if(([End Date]-Today()) <0,'Late','Left'))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Steve,

Start from the document properties.  On the General tab, click button Alternate States.  Add a state, for exapmle you call it S1.

After this, go to the chart properties, General tab.  Now there is Alternate State drop-doen on the top - choose S1.

All other objects are in inherited state unless you change them.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try maybe like (for all fields to check)

if( only({1} [Project Class]) ='Large' and ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

"...i need to ignore any filters selected on the same sheet..." - this is the case for alternate set, I guess.  If you have the filters in a "defaul set" and the chart in an "alternate set", this would work as described.

Not applicable
Author

how to i set filters/charts in a default or alternate set?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Steve,

Start from the document properties.  On the General tab, click button Alternate States.  Add a state, for exapmle you call it S1.

After this, go to the chart properties, General tab.  Now there is Alternate State drop-doen on the top - choose S1.

All other objects are in inherited state unless you change them.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

michael solomovitch is right you should do some alternate states. there is a video on youtube which is explaingig that.  Qlikview Alternate States - YouTube

yoel tordjman

Not applicable
Author

thanks, i will watch video.