Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clear Current Selections Issue

I have a trigger set up that when it launches the 2nd sheet it automatically filters the TEST_ID based upon which test the user selected.

I have three buttons that all have Action items that hide certain information as you hit each of them. Summary, Trending, and View Details.  I only have the Current Selection box visible in the Trending/Details buttons, but when I go to clear one of the additional filters I added from highlighting things, automatically takes me out of the Trending tab and back to the Summary tab. 

I don't have any triggers set on the Sheet Properties.

My Variable that i am using to make each Visible is vShowDetails.

I tried to look into locking the Variable in Macro and setting OnAnySelect with Macro, but couldn't figure that out to get it to work.  All my other filters stay just as is, except this variable always changes when I clear one item in the Current Selection box.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I finally figured this out.  I removed the SET VARIABLE in my trigger.  Before I go to Sheet2, I renamed all my Variables to be exactly the same Name, so when it launches Sheet2 it automatically has the Variable set to what I want, so nothing has to happen and is showing the correct information on Sheet 2.  Then when I go to the Trending button, I can clear something in my current selections and it doesn't take me back to Summary.

Thanks for all your Help everyone.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Do you have a show condition on the sheet that you get kicked off of?

If would be easier to help you if you post an example file: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Not applicable
Author

When the trigger launches Sheet 2 ("SH02"), I have Set Variable vShowSheet = 'SH02' and Activate Sheet = 'SH02' and Set my initial Variable vShowDetails = 'Summary'

I was trying another method described by Josh (link shown below) to create bookmarks and apply them to the Variable. So I created 3 bookmarks for each Summary, Trending, and Details and then under each button I added the Apply Bookmark = [one of the bookmarks].  When I click on each of the bookmarks, they appear to go to the button that correlates to, however, when I still select something in a listbox when i am under the trending button and then deselect it, it will take me back to the Summary button setting the vShowDetails variable back to Summary.

In each of these buttons, I have particular charts, text boxes, and data tables depending on which button they go to and under layout I have conditions set up to only show them when the Variable vShowDetails equals that Variable.

Using QlikView to Update Input Fields and Variables in Bookmarks | resultdata

Nicole-Smith

I think you're going to need to post a .qvw to get more help...  There are too many factors that could be affecting it, that I need to check it out for myself.

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I suggest not to use confusing trigger actions on sheet selections. You're already in a stage to lose control.. 😉

Just let the user decide what to analyse. This is a must read: http://community.qlik.com/blogs/theqlikviewblog/2014/02/03/the-key-to-heaven

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ralf.  I removed the Trigger function and took the set variables I had in the trigger and created a Text Box that now functions like the Trigger did and is working perfectly. 

Now, the only thing I need to figure is how to force the user to select something in the Data table before they can go to Sheet 2 (OtherWise Sheet 2 would be blank).  I wish i could set an action on the Data table that still allowed this functionality to go to this TEST_ID in Sheet 2 without having to create a separate text box to get this to work.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Maybe use a conditional view for Sheet 2 so it is not visible if no TEST_ID is selected..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Sheet 2 is already set up to only Show when Activated once a TEST_ID is selected in the data table.  Now with having to remove the Trigger function, that I am now foreseeing that i will have to add two things: a Clear All Current Selections box and a box go to Sheet 2 once the TEST_ID is selected in Data table. I think this is adding more clutter and headache then just having the Trigger in place because now the user will have to also select which TEST_ID they want then click the button (2 step process) vs. using the Trigger was only 1 step process.  Plus once the TEST_ID is selected it would automatically trigger the 2nd sheet.  Vs. Now if you clicked on a particular TEST_ID, you have to CLEAR ALL if you want to exit that filter (adding additional steps).

Not applicable
Author

I finally figured this out.  I removed the SET VARIABLE in my trigger.  Before I go to Sheet2, I renamed all my Variables to be exactly the same Name, so when it launches Sheet2 it automatically has the Variable set to what I want, so nothing has to happen and is showing the correct information on Sheet 2.  Then when I go to the Trending button, I can clear something in my current selections and it doesn't take me back to Summary.

Thanks for all your Help everyone.