Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear one field when any other selection is made.

I am new to triggers, but am trying to create a trigger for the document where if a selection is made anywhere it clears the selection for a specific field "Target". So if a Target is selected, nothing happens, but if any other selection is made, the Target selection is cleared. I am having trouble finding an event that will accomplish this.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I would imagine this is quite an unusual request, so you won't be surprised to know that there isn't an easy way to achieve it, basically you would have to create a trigger against every field apart from Target, that Trigger would be "Clear Other Fields" with the Field Name of "Target".

Sorry, bit long winded I'm afraid.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well that's what I thought the answer was too upon initially attempting. So I put a trigger on another field "PriceZone" to "Clear Other Fields" and used the name Target.

But then if I select a PriceZone, it clears the PriceZone (doesn't allow me to make that selection) and selects a Target which is kind of the opposite of what I am trying to accomplish. It seems to have interpreted the action as Clear every field except Target when selection is made in the PriceZone field.

So I am pretty confused.