Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranibosch
Creator
Creator

Clearing synthetic tables

Hi,

I've got a model which has got synthetic tables, but this is due to a number of sub ledgers that i need to link to each other:

1. Budgeted ledger
  2. General ledger
  3. Item ledger

For each of the above mentioned I have to bring in the year, business unit and responsibility center in order to report accurately.

How do I clear this synthetic table that consists out of the year, business unite and responsibility center?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

create key of those field and rename those field.

or

link table will help you.

search on community there are so many threads available to solve it.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PrashantSangle

create key of those field and rename those field.

or

link table will help you.

search on community there are so many threads available to solve it.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1) In your load script create these calculated field for both the GeneralLedgerEntries and ItemLedgerEntries tables:

Autonumber(Year &'|'&BU&'|'&[Responsibility Center]&'|'&[Document No],'YBRD') AS %YBRD,

Autonumber(Year &'|'&BU&'|'&[Responsibility Center]&'|'&[Document No],'YBR') AS %YBR

2) Add this calculated field in the load statement for the BudgetEntries table:

Autonumber(Year &'|'&BU&'|'&[Responsibility Center]&'|'&[Document No],'YBR') AS %YBR

3) Then avoid including the fields Year, BU, Responsibility Center and Document No from the ItemLedgerEntries table.

4) Reload and see if the $Syn 3 Table disappeared.