Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adnan_rafiq
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Click on expression and find which expression was clicked

Hi Gurus

I am developing a pivot table with traffic lights in multiple expressions. The effect I want to get is when some one clicks any traffic light(expression) I want the clicked dimension to be selected (which it automatically does) but right after that I want to jump to next sheet, while holding the selection. The only condition is if I click first expression second sheet should be selected, if I click 2nd expression 3rd sheet be selected, so on and so forth. If you see the image below If I click red light I should have selected "A" in dimension and jumped off to next sheet and If I click on green light I should have selected "B" and jumped off to 3rd sheet.

hello.png

All ideas and help appreciated , I was looking at macro solutions, but I couldn't get the hold of it.

9 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You can show/ hide sheets based on Selection without the use of a Macro and the on the tab that you jump to add a button to return to home page

Sheet2 >> Sheet Properties >> Show conditional >> if (Dimension = 'A' , 1 , 0)

Sheet3 >> Sheet Properties >> Show conditional >> if (Dimension = 'B' , 1 , 0)

Return button =

Action1 >> Selection >> Clear Field >> Dimension

Action 2>> External >> Set Variable Value

Variable = VshowSheet1

if (getselectedcount(Dimension)=0 ,1,0))

Sheet1 >> Sheet Properties >> Show conditional >> = $(VshowSheet1)

See Sample App

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
adnan_rafiq
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Vineeth

Thanks for the suggestion but selecting the dimension and using it to show/hide the sheet is not the problem. I want to be able to click the expression value and based on which expression was clicked on I want to go to the sheet.

In other words I want to be able to register which expression was clicked on?

adnan_rafiq
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Any other Ideas anyone?. In order to find out what is the expression that was clicked on. It can either be first, second or third and so on.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

If I click red light I should have selected "A" in dimension and jumped off to next sheet and If I click on green light I should have selected "B" and jumped off to 3rd sheet.

Clicking on the Expression will make a selection on the corresponding dimension value.

What if you click yellow on Expression 2 for dimension A, which sheet should it take you to?

Vineeth Pujari
adnan_rafiq
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Q.What if you click yellow on Expression 2 for dimension A, which sheet should it take you to?

A.It would still select A in dimension but since it was expression 2 selected I would want to go to sheet 3. The selection of dimension is natural but I want to go to the sheet based on which expression was selected.

satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

hi,

Show conditionally is good for showing sheets based on selection.

if you want to know which Exp selected use current selection Object u can find out the Selected One Easily.

Regards

Sathish.

adnan_rafiq
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi s s

The current selection object only tells me the dimension I selected as a result of clicking on the expression. I am after the name of the expression in the pivot table that got clicked on?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

The ONLY was is to add a dummy dimension with an Inline table.

We can only capture selections on Dimensions, but this will need you to write nested expressions with either Pick (Match

of IF's which i have just for the sample here.

nextsheet_v2.JPG

Vineeth Pujari
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

adnan.rafiq Have you checked the attached sample?

Vineeth Pujari