Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Color Fill for Totals

I have 7 fields in my chart properties that I am displaying on the screen. I have sorted the results based on two of the fields in my selection. I would like to color fill the entire line at the bottom of the chart. Does anyone have any idea how to background fill the entire totals line, not just one total in the line?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try the next:

1. Turn on design grid (it's under View menu)
2. Right-click on any cell in total line and select Custom Format Cell
3. Seelct or create a color you want.
4. Chose "appluy change to all dimensions

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

That helps a little. I figure out how to get subtotals one color, but cannot get the grand total a different color. Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try using color attribute expression, and condition based on dimesionality() funcion. It returns 0 for total in pivot tables.

Reagrds,
michael

Not applicable
Author

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the tip, my problem is that with dimensionality/color attribute I know how to alter the TEXT COLOR, but NOT the background color.

Is it possible to program the background color?! I would like to have for the different levels of sbtotals different background colors 😉

Thx in advance.

BR,

Kalin

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I've just found the full color attributes for background as well ;-(

I would like to be able to SAVE as THEME or something the settings I make, because the SUBTOTALS formatting of only one table would consume about 30 minutes at least. Is it possible to export formatting settings and save them somehow??@?

Thx

Kalin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good to find that the answer follows the quesion right away... Big Smile

There is no theme for this sort of customization, as far as I know. You can copy an object from one QV file to another, the chances are that the custom features will be copied as well, if the data supports it.