Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Color of total rows in pivot table

Is there a way to change backgroundcolor or text color to the total row in a pivot table?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Add this in the background colour area of the expressin, it will only format the total row

=if(rowno()=0 or isNull(rowno())

,rgb(255,255,0)

,rgb(255,255,255)

)

you change the colours using different RGB numbers

View solution in original post

14 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Yes use Background Color option and put there your choice color for background color

Right click -> properties -> click on plus sign -> select backcolor -> go to expression and set your color.

Let me know about this.

Rgds

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No i only want to color the total row. the other rows are in another color.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Yes it is possible do with instruction for total

Right click -> properties -> click on plus sign -> select backcolor -> go to expression and set your color.

If you have any sample so provide to me.

Rgds

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, not what i mean. Look at this picture. See the "Total" row. That's the one i want to put a color tp. Not the expression.

If it is possible of course =). pivot.png

patrickanderson
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Press Control+ G. (This will open Grid View)

Then Right click on the total Cell. You will now see Custom Cell Format or somethign like that, you can set colors for just the totals there. YOu may need to repeat a few times for each dimension.

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Make sure you have the 'Always Show Design Menu Items' checkbox checked under Settings > User Preferences > Design. Now Right-click on the Total row and select the new menu item 'Custom Format Cell' - alter the colours as you need.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Add this in the background colour area of the expressin, it will only format the total row

=if(rowno()=0 or isNull(rowno())

,rgb(255,255,0)

,rgb(255,255,255)

)

you change the colours using different RGB numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this one is promising. But my result shows rows that has no values,'-', too. And the show only because of the background change. I've tried to add som that the expression have to be >0 but the row still shows. Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Not sure what you mean the expression only identifies what should be adifferent colour as you can see from the right column below totals have arowno() of 0. If you have null values that you don’t want to display in thepivot on the properties under "Settings for selected dimension"choose suppress when value is null.

untitled.bmp

your expression should still be the same sum(Revenue) for example and you put the formatting expression in the background area as described in the first reply (Right click -> properties -> click on plus sign -> select backcolor -> go to expression and set your color.)