cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Colors based on time

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to get color coding into charts much like they did in the salesforce demo app?  They used a particular color for Past, Present, & Future.

http://us-b.demo.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Salesforce.qvw

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can dowload the .qvw to see (and copy too!) the different tricks

They used a a mix of different ways, not only one, so is a bit difficult to explain all.

example

for the bar chart at the center of the image

there are some variables (vCurrentQ) to identify the quarter

vPreviousQ ='Q' & if(Ceil(Month(vTodaysDate)/3)=1,4,Ceil(Month(vTodaysDate)/3)-1) & '-' & if(Ceil(Month(vTodaysDate)/3)=1,Right(Year(vTodaysDate),2)-1,Right(Year(vTodaysDate),2))

and in chart background color of the expression

if([Opportunity Close Quarter/Year]=vCurrentQ,rgb(245,165,3),if([Opportunity Close Quarter/Year]=vFutureQ,rgb(114,146,139),rgb(247,158,174)))

in other chart (the bar chart at the center left of the image)  they used the color tab of the chart because they already know the color (Q4 --> pink)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can dowload the .qvw to see (and copy too!) the different tricks

They used a a mix of different ways, not only one, so is a bit difficult to explain all.

example

for the bar chart at the center of the image

there are some variables (vCurrentQ) to identify the quarter

vPreviousQ ='Q' & if(Ceil(Month(vTodaysDate)/3)=1,4,Ceil(Month(vTodaysDate)/3)-1) & '-' & if(Ceil(Month(vTodaysDate)/3)=1,Right(Year(vTodaysDate),2)-1,Right(Year(vTodaysDate),2))

and in chart background color of the expression

if([Opportunity Close Quarter/Year]=vCurrentQ,rgb(245,165,3),if([Opportunity Close Quarter/Year]=vFutureQ,rgb(114,146,139),rgb(247,158,174)))

in other chart (the bar chart at the center left of the image)  they used the color tab of the chart because they already know the color (Q4 --> pink)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

So - I'm unfamiliar with what the A in ARGB stands for, and how I can relate that to a particular color I'd like to use.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

QlikView help

ARGB(alpha, e1, e2, e3)

This function returns the color representation of a color defined by the red component e1, the green component e2 and the blue component e3 with an alpha factor (opacity) of alpha. All four parameters must be expressions evaluating to integers in the range between 0 and 255. The color representation is a dual value where the text representation comes in the form of 'RGB(a,r, g, b)' where a, r, g and b are numbers between 0 and 255 representing the alpha, red, green and blue color value respectively. The number representation is an integer representing the alpha, red, green and blue components as defined in Visual Basic.

and a quick test

1.png