Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinicholls
Creator II
Creator II

Colouring In - Expression or Visual Clue????

Hi,

I've created a very nice dashboard, even if I do say so myself, but I have a bit of a quandary.

A target has to be applied, and shown green if met, red if not. In english, these are the parameters:

If Group = Branch and (100/sum([Line Debt]))*sum([>90days]) (Ledger Balance - an expression) <=10.5 then Green, OR

if Group = Key and (100/sum([Line Debt]))*sum([>90days]) (Ledger Balance - an expression) <=9.5 then Green, if not met Red

I've tried adding it to the 'Visual Clues' and it doesn't seem to like me, doesn't like me through the expressions route either!

Any ideas?

Thank you

Di

2 Replies
pljsoftware
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Diane,

you have to write an expression in Background Color.

If you want a specific color you can use RGB( r, g, b) function.

background color.png

Regards

Luca Jonathan Panetta

PLJ Software

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Di, for conditional color expressions (conditional in the sense that they depend on specific dimension values), you need to set coloring at the Expression level rather than in Visual Cues. On the Expressions tab of your table properties, click the + sign next to the expression, select Text Color and paste your expression there.

Also, make sure it's actually written in QlikView syntax 🙂 "IF THEN" is fine for the script, but in UI expressions, the syntax is if(condition,then,else)

Regards,

Vlad