Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Column() function How and Where to use

Im trying to use the Column() function and it is not displaying or calculaing anything. I do not want to use the field name as this could change.
Im attaching a picture of the Straight table that I created. I want to do calculations on the difference bettween 2014-01 and 2014-03 (ulitmately I will have all year months calculated but for this test, Im ok with how the data looks) This data will be a rolling 18 months of data. In the Expressions I created a function which says Sum (Column(2) + Column(3)) It returns nothing. If I use this Sum([2014-01] + [2014-03]) I get the correct result. It wont even display andy data in Column(2) Any clue what I need to be doing differently. (Im very new to Qlikview)

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I got the pivot table working Rob W, now to get the percentage change between the yearmonths would I need to use the Peek function as Im trying the Column() and its not calculating ( Column(2) - Column(3))/Column(2))  In fact it looks strange on the pivot table.

I would post the qvw but no clue exactly how .....  but heres a picture.  Thanks so much for pointing me in a direction.. totally appreciate itqvpivottable.jpg

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you want to calculate change from the prior month on the chart, use the before() function. Read up on before() and the other inter-chart functions in the Help (look for before in the Index).

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for pointing me in a direction!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rob,  Thanks so much I got the Before working and it looks great!    Exactly what I wanted!