Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supriyabiware
Creator
Creator

Combine 2 stacked bar charts having same dimensions

Hello all,

i have 2 stacked charts exactly same looking, but the values are different since one is with respect to filter (WSTG) and the other one is excluding the filter (WSTG) - i have done this is expressions with set analysis.

i have to combine both the dimensions and show it as single chart (with same scrollbar) , side by side . is this possible?

Thanks,

Supriya.

14 Replies
balabhaskarqlik

May be it's bit tricky.

But, Combine both dimensions as Single in a list box and bar chart.

Comparisons like this are normally done by simply selecting the two values you want to compare in the SAME list box, not in two different list boxes, it's how it would normally be done, think so.

supriyabiware
Creator
Creator
Author

i just want to remove the extra dimension from middle and have common dimension for both chart.

i tried using butterfly option, but scroll is a problem

supriyabiware
Creator
Creator
Author

hello all,

anyone having any ideas on this one?

i just have to combine two charts. any workaround would also do.

Thanks,

Supriya.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you able to share application to check?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not aware of any way to control the scrolling of two charts from one scroll bar.

Best workaround I can think of is to add another dimension so you have a two-bar grouped chart, each bar stacked, and then flip one of the bars into the negative (multiply by -1) so they go in opposite directions. They will be offset since they're grouped, but at least they'll be next to each other and hopefully it'll be clear which one you want.

If you use that approach, you will have to combine the two expressions into one and selectively display the result for the second dimension. Otherwise, I don't think you can make QV use the expressions for grouping and the dimension for stacking.

supriyabiware
Creator
Creator
Author

hi Shoham,

Thanks for the reply.

But i already tried the Butterfly (-1 and joining) but scrolling is a problem, and if i make -1 only it looks not so good with dimensions in left.(can i have gap in between both?)  and some +ve values are coming at the left

Thanks,

Supriya

supriyabiware
Creator
Creator
Author

unfortunately not possble. you can take any 2 stack charts (with same dimensons but different values on expression).

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you do and share that QVW, Will help better.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
supriyabiware
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello marcowedel‌ , could you please help in this one?

I saw the solution you gave for following thread -- something similar solution would be great help.

stacked and grouped barchart in qlikview

Problem is i have too many dimension values on X axis and have to use a scroll bar.

Thanks,

Supriya